Monday 19 January 2009

bloglines follow up...........

this post may confuse you completely but I was writing as I thought so if it doesn't make sense move on to something else............lol..............
&&&&&&&&
Ok so it is pretty clear most of you have some kind of system that makes blogging easier…………..and a lot of you are like me and have way to many and spend way to much time on it but hey........gotta enjoy life............lol...........


Most of you use one of the following to manage it all



Saved in favourites



RSS feeds (thru your email)



Followers (thru blogspot)



And lots us google reader and bloglines





Actually I forgot to say I use bloglines Beta version and it is easier then bloglines to make folders etc and sort your blogs……….I have mine sorted into countries but I have seen others sorted into style of blog………eg appliquéing, knitting, embroidery etc…….whatever works for you.



If you use bloglines and want to go to the Beta version once you open bloglines just click on "take a test drive on Beta bloglines"(right hand pane).........not sure if you have to login again (which is the same username and passwords)................but once you are in the beta version if you add it to favourites and open it when you go to bloglines you will stay in Beta..............what ever changes you make in one will stay in the other.............see how you go...........





For those who just use your favourites you will save a lot of time with google reader or bloglines. What they do is find the new posts people put up and let you know. You only see the people you want to keep track of. Once you add their blog to bloglines they just keep updating you once they have updated their blog.

Then you are not going to their blog and wasting download time to find nothing new. If you see something in a bloglines update and you want to comment you click on the link and it takes you to the post directly so you can comment.


Anyway go with what works for you...............there was certainly lots of comments goodluck.........email me if you want to know something specific that I have not covered..............

............take care til next time.............



..................Chookyblue................

4 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I love bloglines. I've tried using Google Reader, but it puts all the people I'm following in twice and gets very confusing. I have a lot of different folders in Bloglines for stitchers, quilters, etc.

Love your header!! I've been reading you in my reader too much, I need to click over and visit more often!.

Janet said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain all this, it's going to help me enoumously.

Katie said...

I use NetNewsWire. It works great! :-)

Katherine said...

Thank you, Donna. I really appreciate you walking me through this. You're brilliant!