Thursday 10 September 2009

cattle work............

I always enjoy working with cattle..........much more enjoyable then sheep - they are so dumb at times..........anyway back to the cows............today amongst other things we have weaned some calves from there mothers so lets hope we have a good westerly wind tonight and I won't hear them bellowing too much........and we will see how many naughty mumma's there are tomorrow morning that have jumped a fence to try to get back to there babies..........the calves will be in the yards for a few days and I will see if I manage to get there with my camera...........not going anywhere this weekend but have a few possible jobs on here.........
&&&&&&&&&&&
oh and I didn't get around to it in my last post but I want to say thanks for all the helpful comments on the photos of my Champagne and Chocolates quilt...........from your suggestions I have already ordered the one of the quilt rolled up and will check my list over the weekend to see which other one was a winner...........much appreciated for your assistance so i thought I would send a mixture of current cards to someone.........much prefer having a giveway for my regular commenters...........so I got the random number generator organised aka Mr Chookyblue and told him to pick some numbers between 1 and 65 with those included and he picked Peg Happy in Quilting and also Ruth B............if you could send me your addresses girls that would be fab...........and I will pop some in the mail...........
&&&&&&&&&&&
found some new blogs for you to check out also............Cubby House Crafts (new in August) and Time to Stitch (new to me) and I found this blog and she is brand new this week Country Wishes go check out their blogs and leave them a welcoming comment
&&&&&&&&&&&&
absolutely NO stitching happening here bar attaching a few quilt labels this week............maybe this weekend.........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

9 comments:

Kylie said...

Thanks for the rap - no of course I don't mind.

Cubby House Crafts said...

Thankyou for that..very much appreciated Lisa

Unknown said...

Nothing stitching going on here either :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gee thanks so much Chooky.....I am over the moon my little stash was getting a tad low, you know how much I love your cards........big hugs to you Mr Chooky for pulling my name out....hugs to you Chooky...Peg xx

Deb said...

Lovely idea for a giveaway Chooky and I know personally how much those ladies will love having your cards on hand. They are all great.

Julia said...

Congrats to the girls that won your cards...Lucky girls..
Julia ♥

quiltygal said...

You wont regret ordering the book its lovely
hope you grt some stitching done on the weekend

Julie said...

Here's wishing you that westerly wind.

Unknown said...

On the "smart" scale cattle do beat sheep , lol !