Friday 5 February 2010

It's complicated...........

What a great day............It's complicated covered it in more then one way.............with numerous obstables of which way we were going, was it going to rain, which day would we be able to go etc.........well after throwing the kids onto the bus I picked up Luv and Hugs and off we went........quick early lunch then we met up with Thimbelina and went and saw the movie It's Complicated............what a fun movie..........I really enjoyed it..........lots of laughing and a few tears definitely a movie I would watch again...........
After the movie Thimbelina had enough time to grab a quick coffee and lots of chat got crammed in the time too..........I have never just gone to the big town to watch a movie..........quite a treat..........it's not just a 10minute trip down the road to the movie theatre.......lol...........we had lots of chatting time during the drive 3 hours driving time...........During the day things got complicated since it rained I had to reorganise the kids to be picked up at school and drop off LuvnHugs along the way miles from home to wait for her dh to come get her..........on the way home it rained.............OMG did it rain..........visability was I am sure about 20metres at times.............the rain was very heavy............(added an extra 1/2hr onto my trip home)
By the time I got home we had 2 inchs of rain and we are closer to 3inchs now it is beautiful..........icing on the cake for a perfect day out............nice to meet you Thimbelina.........we have started planning the next meet up.......
Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue

23 comments:

Samantha said...

I agree..such a funny movie, I laughed til I cried..sounds like you had a fab day!!

ranette said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but everyone I know who has agree's with you. Sounds like a great time!

Candace said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I've been wanting to see that movie since before Christmas. I have to go to the dentist for a cleaning today, maybe I should reward myself with a movie.

Annie said...

I want to go and see that movie, but OMG 3 hours to the movies is a long time. I think it takes me 15 mins (sorry) Off to makers market in Daylesford tomorrow with Ric Rac

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like all the complications of the day were worth it and you had a great day. Will have to keep an eye out for that movie, probably when it comes onto dvd knowing me!!

Jodie said...

Sounds like a great day !

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

Ooooh I must see this when we next go to town - yeh which is a 3hr drive for us too!. We have had some really hot weather here Donna, up 38-40 most days, no rain...Mt Cook still looking pretty good.....

jodie said...

I saw it Tuesday, love it!!! I want her house.

Julia said...

Must see this movie...this is my kind of movie..
Yep, nothing is as easy as it starts out to be..
Julia ♥

Gari in AL said...

DH and I went to see this movie on our anniversary: what fun. And interestingly, we also had 2+" of rain yesterday. But this time I was home with my sewing machine.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That looks like it would be a good movie. I'll have to rent it. I love all the actors in it.
Glad you had a good day.

Jenni said...

Nice to meet up with some other bloggers. I enjoyed that movie too, but I had to leave a few minutes before the end as they were late starting and I was going to miss the last boat home. I saw up to where they were sitting on the bench outside her house - did I miss much?

Deb said...

Good to hear it was a good movie, I am going to go soon and have been waiting for feedback.
hugs Deb

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Its the best movie I have seen in awhile. I haven't laughed at a movie in a long time. Wow what a great day out. Wish I was a bit closer. Catch you soon

Lorraine said...

Sounds like a great day out....sure makes my hour and half to the city seem kinda paltry!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a great time!!

Natalie Ross said...

Hi Chooky,

Oh the rain! That's for sure. Not complaining it's unreal but I am sure you have had gallons more than us here on the coast! Glad you didn't get washed away while having a girly day out. :-)

Natalie :-)

Franchelle Contreras said...

Hello, Thank you for leaving a comment on my web blog. I was wondering, if the movie "It's complicated was worth watching. Thanks for the update.

Take Care,
Franchelle

Bec said...

I'm glad you had a lovely outing...hope all is well.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WOW that's a long trip to see a movie. Sounds like it was a trip worth the drive. I want to see that movie and now that you said it's good I'll go see. :-)
Hugs

Gaizie said...

Yet to see the movie...my daughter has seen it she said it was great also....

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Thanks for the heads up on rthe movie, I thought it'd be good, I love their "something's gotta give", it's fabulous. Pleased you are getting the rain, must be a fair bit for the summer, Tracey

Jenny said...

I have heard it is good one too-must check it out