Monday 14 June 2010

it's a hard life.........

it's a hard life but someone has to do it............a beautiful fresh day out..........rugged up but warm.........
here is a the poddy calf ride.........
this bull wanted to get out of the chute early.........
pretty sure this guy made the 8 secs......
hang on........
this is a friends boyfriend unfortunately he didn't make the time.......
bareback this one didn't make time............
then I popped into a quilt show....sorry no pics don't think they wanted you to take any.............but some lovely quilts........
then when we got home we had a fire and cooked some sausages on our little paddock bbq plate...........
...I was playing with my baby camera.........fire is pretty alluring.....I could watch it for hours............and the kids love playing around too always good to reinforce the correct way to have fun with fires.........and I managed to find a packet of sparklers in the cupboard............
if you live in Oz (but not WA) hope you are enjoying your longweekend...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS just discovered that preview has moved from the top of the post box to the bottom next too "publish" and "save now" and it opens your blog up in another screen showing you what the post looks like.......

20 comments:

Terry said...

It always amazes me how those huge bulls can get all four feet off of the ground at the same time!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

I would love to go to a rodeo, never been, maybe one day. Isn't fire mesmerising, sounds like you had a fabulous day. Happy long weekend to you to Chooky xo

retdairyqueen said...

Your photos brought back memories
As a child my Dad rode in many rodeos and won lots of ribbons
He had no fear and that was the secret Iam sure

Jodie said...

chooky, you didn't tell us if you made the 8 sec this year....

Cardygirl said...

Great pics...did you ride the bucking bull Chooky? That I would pay money to see!

Liz said...

Great fire shots and love the rodeo too. The new preview is so much better isn't it?
Lizzie
xxx

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Next time I wanna come with you guys. Love rodeo and to top it off with a quilt show and bon fire. Awesome. Great weekend

Roseanne said...

What a fun day out and a bbq at the end of the day. It look like you had a terrific day.

Anonymous said...

I dropped the kids of to spend this gorgeous sunny Victorian day on their friends farm. Whilst there, I noticed their little Jack Russell totally mesmerised by the flames in the fire. It was the cutest thing. I could sit with him and we could watch the flames for hours. LOL!

jodie said...

we had fire too on our weekend, needed it to keep warm, but it is a mesmerising thing.

Anonymous said...

Another great weekend at the Rodeo. Hope everyone had a great weekend at your place too.

Pauline said...

Hi Chooky,
I went to a rodeo in January, loved it. glad you had a great weekend..and Yes I did too..

Kylie said...

Hey Chook - why aren't you up on one of those lol xxxx

Fiona said...

Wow, it's a whole other world to me - looks like a satisfying day.

Chocolate Cat said...

Looks like a fun day! Only ever been to one rodeo and couldn't decide whether I loved it or was horrified!!! Hoping to get to a local one later this year.

NoƩmia said...

I love all your photos especialy nature and sunsets!

Leanne said...

Looks like you had a great weekend- I love fires we have a wood fire and I would merrily throw logs on it all day.

Lori said...

I loved the pictures, it could be right here in the Midwest. We have a Moody's Motors, and it's not far from Holden Nebraska.

Cathy said...

I could watch fires for hours too...does that mean we a Visual Pyromaniacs??? Cathyx

Carrie P. said...

Wow, bull riding. My daughter and I like to watch it on TV. She actually went to a professional bull riding show this past winter.