Monday 5 September 2011

all good things come to an end..............

Gotta take the good with the bad............lucky I was on such a high on Sat and got radical and put the SSCS up yesterday morning........(lots of emails to reply to)..........yesterday was a shocker at the cows...........about an hour after I got there I got sick and thank goodness Fairy Girl was with me on her motor bike as she kept the cows in check.............I was up and down all day..............but we got thru the day..............on the way home we found another lamb............poor thing trying to get a drink off it's dead mum (couldn't get up after lambing)..........so i rolled the dead mumma over and got the rest of the milk out of her other teat so the lamb got some colostrum and brought it home..............Fairy Girl was so excited .............so meet "Nathan" (back right)
"Coke" at the front left and "Lambogini" (who you haven't met) front right and back left is "Daisy.
You met Coke and Daisy here.......now they are about 3 weeks old.........the older 3 are going so well...........
"Nathan" needs a bit of special care and we'll see how he goes............
A rare blossom in the garden...............seriously lacking in water................
Today the cows were not well behaved...........one jumping into a cropping paddock a few times..............what a nightmare............lucky a girlfriend called in with a thermos so I could have a cuppa tea...........I forgot mine running out late this morning.............so that was a good bit of today but the only good bit...........oh and the girlfriend who picked the kids up from the bus stop and dropped them to me.............
###
When I got home I was tired and dusty - the cows went in early so i came home and the kids are now out helping Mr Chooky feed the sheep...........lets hope they don't find another baby to bring home..........
but when I am hot and bothered and dusty a shandy works wonders..........
oh a shandy and a nice shower to clear all the dust away............
made such good progress on the EPP on Fri and Sat but nothing since...........
the blue, brown and cream one is affectionately nicknamed the octopus (even if there are only 6 legs)............
Better run and cook dinner.........before I fall asleep on the lounge...........thank goodness for town work I say..........not back at the cows until Sunday or Monday.............yippee.........might be mia again..........
Send me your rain............PLEASE.
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

39 comments:

Vickie said...

aww sorry to read you were unwell.
heart breaking to find another lamb-I sure hope he is strong enough to pull through..gosh they all look so cute staring right at the camera...the bloom looks lovely.Shandi sounds just like the perfect way to wind down..love your blue/brown & cream..cheers Vickie

AnitaS said...

Lots and lots of rain over here. I will sent them your way. I hope you feel better now. Live of a cowgirl is not easy says a towngirl. The lambs are very cute.

Margaret said...

How the other half live I take my hat off to farmers , liked the clean, washed and thirsty bit, sounded as if it was a real refresher. Is the flower Pandora a creeper ?

Jan Maree said...

Oh my goodness it sounds as though you really earned your shandy - poor thing! Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Brenda said...

The lambs bring back such memories. i used to adopt them and the when I went home they were the bane of my Aunt's life.

Anita said...

Sorry to hear you were not feeling too good, hope you are better now. Love your little hexies by the way.........but I'm not making any LOL

Sue-Anne said...

Those lambs are so cute! We have rain predicted here to I will send it up your way if you send me down some sunshine ha ha.

Googy Girl said...

The lambs are super cute, and i am with you nothing better than a nice cold Shandi......

wish i could send you some rain, but it has been illusive here to....not that i am complaining ......

hope things settle down for you what on earth are you doing with the hexie's?

Cardygirl said...

Hope you are feeling better! Sad about the mums but the lambs look cute...love the EPP, what are you doing?

Susan said...

The lambs are so beautiful - hope they all make it. And the Stephanotis - ours flowers ocassionally. Would love to send rain - but havent worked that one out yet! Off to check out the TIS projects.

barb's creations said...

((((HUGS))) Hope you're feeling better,nothing worse than having to work when you feel like c@#p :( Barb.

Leanne said...

Those lambs are tooooooo cute. Hope your feeling better. Great progress on the bag.

Joolz said...

The lambs are so cute, I hope they all survive, poor little things.
Ah, a shandy! My grandpa used to enjoy the odd shandy. Me, I hate beer so I would much prefer a gin & tonic! You really are a super woman, you know?

Joolz

Kris said...

Boo for feeling sick and yay for your friends who help you out! Your EPP (Never called it that before. I like it!) looks excellent. We don't have any rain here to send, but I'm keeping you in mind! Hope you enjoy the break from the cows.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Oooohh!! Icky upset tum! Hope you're feeling better now ... and that you get some rain soon. Not much falling here, either, just a few storms and some drizzly mist. Had a laugh at your lamb names ... you can tell which ones Bookworm named! :0) Looking forward to my fourth SSCS! Bear Hugs! KRIS

sewkalico said...

That shandy looks so inviting! What cute little new family members and I love the octopus!
ps am I too alte for SSCS?

FabricandFlowers said...

You certainly pack alot in a day. Your posts are always so interesting. Wish I was a neighbor. I'd help out with those wayward cows and orphan lambs. I think I'll try your Shandi recipe. Cheers!

Carole said...

Oh dear, you still do not have rain. It's insane the rain we have been getting! Will blow the clouds your way! Glad you are feeling better! Cheers!

Wendy said...

Sorry you were feeling so bad.....the little lambs are so cute! Hopefully they will all do well and grow strong for you.....so sad the mum died on another one...your bloom looks really pretty....almost like oleander....

Laila L S said...

Sorry to hear you were unwell, hope you're feeling better now. I'll send you some rain, we sure have had more rain than we need here in Norway this summer.

Rebecca said...

Hope you are feeling better today . It's sad that we get the bad as well as the good but it all balances in the end .
Hus Bec
Ps cute lambs ;D

rosie said...

Hi Chooky, I don't know how you fit it all in... those little lambs are way too cute (just as well, they are a lot of work aren't they!) Praying for rain for you, surely it's not far away..
P.s. hope you are feeling better now..

Anonymous said...

what cute lambs and i bet the shandy went down well,lol

Jo in TAS said...

I reckon XXXX makes the best shandies! Horrible when you have jobs to do and you're not feeling well, hope you're much better now.
Cute lambs!
Hugs
Jo

Joy said...

Hope you're feeling better now Chooky .... nothing like a bit of XXXX, for medicinal purposes of course lol. Your lambs are just gawjus, I do hope they all make it, what a sad start to their little lives.
Hugs,
Joy ;o)

www.thimblestitch1@gmail.com said...

Hope you're feeling better. Gotta love those little pleasures. Fingers crossed for rain!

Susan said...

Woops. Used the wrong identity to leave my last comment.

Anonymous said...

Aww.... the lambs are so cute! Is Nathan named after the big strong cute guy on The Renovators?! ;) Enjoy your shandy....!

Thimbleanna said...

I'm exhausted just reading your post. Those lambies are SOOOO cute! I hope you feel better soon!

Bizzy Martine said...

I hope you're feeling better now. Cute little lambs!!!

Jenny said...

I dont think people realise how a day in the bush can be for a hands on woman. Chooky you deserve the shandy.
I cant believe you found time to stitch.With all those little lambies perhaps you will have to take up spinning. ???

Unknown said...

Poor chook you have been run off your feet ! I hate to tell you we had 12ml last night in Gundagai and more due next week .We have so many foxes around lately too. I hope you get some rain soon .

Chocolate Cat said...

Wish I could send some rain your way, just need to work out how! Your babies are so cute!! Haven't had a shandy for years.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry you have not been well.....love your hexies....xx

Linda said...

If we had some rain here...I'd send it your way...all the rain is in the east...Texas is in a bad way too...it's on fire from the droughts there...take care...glad you feel better...sweet lambs!

Jenny said...

No wonder you were exhausted-it is amazing what a shower and a shandy does. Your life is very busy chooky and you sure do have many adventures. Glad you are feeling better:)

Sue said...

Oh look at these babies, so cute, I'm sure you have your hands full with them...

Sue said...

Oh look at these babies, so cute, I'm sure you have your hands full with them...

Sue said...

Oh look at these babies, so cute, I'm sure you have your hands full with them...