Monday 12 September 2011

Catching up...........

Another couple of nights away with kid commitments finally home again.....some rain while we were away too.............22mls...........approx 5 inchs for the whole year though when it is usually about 21inchs........also throw in a Christening, 30th party and confirmation life sure is busy............I got an afternoon home yesterday which was madly spent cleaning and tidying the house and washing.........then a few hours chilling out on the lounge watching the rugby curled up under a quilt......it's nearly a month since I had any time at home during the day.............
Off to the cows this morning.........hopefully just for a few hours while Mr Chookyblue runs some wires in a fence...........
Over the weekend the beautiful weather went back to mid winter..........freezing chilly winds...............
perfect weather for the little girl above to wear this woolen christening gown..........it's very special to me.............I wore this gown when I was christened.........my great grandmother (who was approx 80 at the time) knitted 2 of these (twins) gorgeous gowns for our christening...........
&&&
To all the girls who have emailed me I think I have replied to all of you.............i'll put the list up as soon as I get a chance and you'll get an email shortly..............thanks for keeping the secret still too.......much appreciated............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS oh and I nearly forgot I got to have coffee with Patricia...........(thanks for getting them) was lovely to catch up even if briefly.............we'll have more time next catch up hopefully.............

15 comments:

Josie said...

That gorgeous little girl looks really happy eating your family heirloom! Hope it was rescued... it's precious.
Glad to hear you finally got some 'me' time. You spent it well too. Hope you get more rain soon. Oh... and more 'me' time too.

De said...

Again you have been so busy! Glad you had some rain but heaps more needed.

Anonymous said...

Yum yum.... woollen goodness!! She looks happy eating it! Fingers crossed the cows can look after themselves for a while!

Fiona said...

Glad you have had some rain but I am so surprised at how little there has been.... hope you get a good summer... the little gown looks lovely and warm for this cold chill...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

what a cute little girl and christening gown Chooky

Wendy said...

Beautiful little girl! And I love the little dress....what an awesome heirloom.....you have been a very busy girl! Hope you are getting in some rest.....looking forward to the secret email! Have a great day.....its raining here again....

Bev C said...

Some beautiful commitments you have attended,the Christening gown is beautiful.
Hope the rain continues for you.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Cat said...

The christening gown is gorgeous! Simply gorgeous.
Both my kids wore family gowns so lovely to have heirlooms

limpingalong said...

The gown is beautiful but not half as beautiful as the baby wearing it!

rosie said...

What special memories in that little dress... I hope it gets passed down for many more generations.. so glad you got rain.. It's turned freezing here too..xx

Shiralee Stitches said...

Absolute stunner of a dress...what a beautiful little doll she is.....You are a busy gal....make sure to stop and take a breath as well......glad you had a nice time meeting up with Trish...hope you get more rain soon...

Kaye R said...

Nice to hear from you Chooky. Glad some rain has reached you. I have not posted in a while myself, what can i say.......life.

Chocolate Cat said...

You have been busy again! Love the photo, both of my kids were christened in a special gown so I am hoping it will become an heirloom like yours.

DAWNIE said...

oh such a gorgeous dress and gorgeous baby. Your life sounds very hectic.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cute baby Chooky...and wow, love the story on the dress...Geeeezzz, what's up with this weather...it was winterlike here too on the weekend!!! Glad you got to spend some time under a quilt!!!