Saturday 3 January 2015

touching base..........

I meant to get back before now but I have been busy over on the Stitch-a-long blog.......things are going "OFF" in a big way there.............the new SAL is happening.......
everyone is ready for a new year of sewing as with the Jan 1 announcement signups were coming in thick and fast...........thanks for the help Susan (self titled "Assistant to the Stitch-a-long CEO)
So in between sorting things there I have been stitching the January project............
you will find it at Hatched and Patched as it is a free stitchery Anni gave us as a Christmas present
Out to a new cafe with friends for lunch today............
2 baby Willy Wag Tails I found in the nest............
another day or so they will be flying...........seriously they grow and fly from the nest SOOOOO fast.............this is the second round of babies for the season..........
a bit of nature along the way today..........

Catch you later
Chookyblue

16 comments:

Pinnylea Creations said...

Haven't been lucky enough to see baby "Willy Wagtails" but we do have a family of blue Wrens that are keeping us very entertained. Really who needs TV when they have birds in the garden xx

Bernie Morris said...

I love nature pics, especially the baby birds.

Bernie Morris said...

It's really me you know ... Jen

Flickenstichlerin said...

Chookyblue,
the pattern is a cuty, will fit to my bag.
Have fun with the SAL.
Greetings,
Sylvia

gracie said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures and link...

Maria said...

Hope you enjoyed your lunch..
Always love the Nature Pics....

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

I have Blue Wrens in my garden .. but I've never seen a nest or baby ones!.. lucky you! Xx Lea

Annie said...

That nest is just beautiful. I'm loving watching my canaries nesting. Only 2weeks for the eggs to hatch but a further 3 for them to get strong in the nest. Nothing like our 9 months cooking then 18 years feeding and washing!

Janice said...

It sounds like you had a nice day out. You have had better luck with your willy wagtails that we did with our robins. No eggs or babies in the nest. I think we had 2 nests of blue wrens at our old place. We heard the babies, but never actually saw the nests. Too well hidden. The stitchery is coming along nicely. I made a start today while sitting with Mum.

Lolastitchida said...

The stitchery is so adorable! I'm doing mine in variegated red, so is my mum and my daughter's is variegated blue!

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Love those "willy wagtails". They look so sassy with their tails wagging! Can't wait to see them again. I'm coming to Australia in July with my family this time. Waiting to get our new printer up and running so I can print out this lovely stitchery.

Indigo Blue said...

Gorgeous photograph, worthy of a published nature book. Well spotted. Love the pattern and I will have that on my to do list.
Happy New Year as well.

Deb R said...

Loving your rusty reds, your pics are gorgeous

DAWNIE said...

Lovely pics and stitchery looks nice. What is this Sal you talking about???

Susan said...

Going great guns on the angel - mine is finally traced! lovely pics too...

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Love your photos and am super excited for the new SAL. hugs